Althris training (“we”, “our” or “Althris”) is committed to respecting your privacy and will ensure the personal information you provide will be protected and processed following all applicable data protection laws.
Please read this policy to ensure that you fully appreciate the purpose of Althris’s processing of your personal information.
Personal information may we collect
- Your full name, email address, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers
- Your payment details
- Your login data and similar security information used for authentication and account access
- Information about your computer, your IP address, browser type and browsing activity whilst on our website
- You’re marketing preferences or information you provide in any communication when you participate in any blog, community or forum on our site
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter or telephone, through our website or by any other means.
We may ask you to complete surveys about your experience of our products and services, that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Why we use your personal information
- Provide our products and services to you
- Manage our relationship with you which may include notifying you about changes to our service; asking you to leave a review or take a survey
- Create and manage online accounts
- Provide you with the ability to take part and use interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Communicate with you, and manage your involvement in, promotions, offers and market research
- Reply to queries from you and other third parties, plus enquiries from law enforcement agencies following applicable law
- Measure or understand the usefulness of the advertising we provide to you
- Follow and apply appropriate legal requirements, pertinent industry standards and contractual responsibilities, and
- Establish, exercise or defend our lawful rights and legal claims.
How we collect your personal information
- When you communicate with us through our websites, including completing forms
- When you purchase our products and services
- When you communicate with us by email, phone, post and mail
- When you take a survey or register and complete competition
- When you sign up for our publications
- When you register an online account through our website
- Provide feedback on our products and services
- When you make use of our social media channels to talk with us
- By way of direct marketing communications, and
- Information we may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
We will only ever process your personal information if we have a legal basis to do so. The legal bases we rely on are;
- Contract – this is where the processing of your information is required to satisfy a contractual arrangement that we have agreed with you
- Consent – this is where we have requested you to provide unambiguous permission to process your data for a particular purpose
- Legitimate interests – this is where we rely on our business interests as a purpose for processing, generally, this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate manner
- Legal obligation – this is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information to comply with the law.
If you do not provide the necessary information when requested we may not be able to fulfil existing contractual arrangements with you, enter into new contracts with you, or meet our legal commitments. Therefore, we may be unable to provide you with our products or services and may have to cancel existing contractual arrangements.
Who do we share your data with?
Althris may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third-party providers that support Althris operate our business, including providers of analytics, external trainers, payment processing, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage and hosting
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, to meet our legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels or other parties, where required, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where Althris is sold or unified with another organisation, our advisers and any potential purchaser’s adviser and the new owners of the business.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to Althris, we would only sell your personal information where you have provided explicit consent to do so, and it is legal.
You can disable cookies, but this may limit the functionality of our website, the pages it contains or your visit to our website.
Althris takes data privacy and the protection of your personal information extremely seriously. In this case, we will take appropriate technical and management measures to ensure that your personal information is protected under our supervision. We implement appropriate security measures according to the type of processing and frequently check these measures to confirm that they are still applicable.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, as per our Retention Policy. This means that the information will be destroyed when it is no longer needed.
In some cases, we may anonymise your personal information for research or statistical purposes (which means it is no longer linked to you), in which case we may use this information indefinitely, without notice.
Under appropriate data protection laws, subject to your jurisdiction, you have the following data protection rights:
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to object
- Right to data portability
- Right to opt-out of marketing
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you wish to make a request please see the “How to contact us” section below for our contact details.
EU residents: We may transfer your personal information outside the EU to provide you with products and services that you require or are necessary for our legitimate interests.
We will only transfer your personal information outside the EU where we are satisfied that appropriate levels of protection are provided to protect the integrity and security of your personal information or suitable security measures are followed and in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Non-EU residents: If you are accessing this website from a jurisdiction outside the EU, please be aware that your data may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you are located, following the data transfer regime stated for EU residents.
Changes to this policy
We may need to make changes to this policy periodically, for example, legislative changes. When changes are made, we will revise the ‘Effective date’ of this policy.
We recommend that you review this policy frequently to keep up with all changes.
How to contact us
Effective date: 26/02/2021